Baker Academic

Friday, January 18, 2013

Being a Person of Integrity in the Face of Systemic Cowardice - Le Donne

This is a topic that has been on my mind ever since I watch Le Miserables last week.  What does it look like to be a person of integrity in the face of systemic cowardice?  Given the continued farce at Cedarville University this week, perhaps we need more examples like this:

From Christopher Rollston:
A Tribute to Emmanuel Students: From my perspective, life brings many things, some welcome, some not, some good, some not. Such is the ebb and flow of human existence, I believe. This first week at George Washinton University was absolutely marvelous, at a number of levels. At this juncture, though, I wish to pause for a moment and emphasize strongly, and with heartfelt emotion, that I am deeply grateful for the honor it was to teach so many wonderful graduate students at Emmanuel during the course of the past decade (and all of you were truly quite wonderful). I sincerely hope that our paths cross often in the future and please know that all of you will always be part of the tableau of my life for which I am thankful. I will not forget you. Not ever. Please be well, flourish, and please keep in touch. I love to research and write, but I am never more alive than when I am teaching. I will miss all of you. And....please also know that my dearest friend on the Emmanuel campus, Dr. Jason Bembry, has mentioned today to me that he's going to keep the "free coffee tradition" alive within the Old Testament area....I hope that you will visit him often....and drink a cup for me as well! Le-Hayim. Chris Rollston.
Thank you, Dr. Rollston,

-anthony

1 comment:

  1. The true measure of a human being is how he acts in times of trouble.

    ReplyDelete