Baker Academic

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fun with Doppelgängers - Le Donne

Somebody sent me this side-by-side of New Testament scholar Marion L. Soards and Alex Trebek.  I have to be honest, I'm not sure who is who.  Regardless, can we all agree that "Marty" must be among the most handsome men in the field?


I've never had the pleasure of meeting Prof. Soards. Does anyone who knows him well know if he does a Will Ferrell impression?

This brings up another important matter for you students of New Testament: Are there any other good doppelgängers in our field?

-anthony

8 comments:

  1. Yes, Ed Sanders & Walter Matthau:

    http://ntweblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/e-p-sanders-and-walter-matthau.html

    And Tom Wright and Toby Ziegler:

    http://ntweblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/e-p-sanders-and-walter-matthau.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris Skinner writes on FB:

    I am often told that I (in both appearance and mannerism) strongly resemble a white Sinbad (with whom, as it happens, I share a birthday).

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to Fred Sanders: N.T. Wright and Leonard Maltin

    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/scriptorium/2012/12/im-just-saying-ive-never-seen-them-together/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In college, many of us thought that the esteemed Prof. Keith looked like the rapper Eminem, what with his bleached blond hair and Kentucky swagger. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from that era, an I doubt Chris will share.

    --Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that you say it.... it occurs to me that I've never seen Slim Shady and Prof. Keith in the same room at the same time.

      -anthony

      Delete
    2. Somewhere there are pictures of me with blonde hair, but they are scarce.

      Delete