Baker Academic

Friday, April 25, 2014

Voodoo Bread - Le Donne

If you ever have the opportunity to accept the hospitality of New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, take it. Last night, after my guest lecture, I was treated to a restaurant called "New Orleans' Food and Spirits." Char-grilled oysters, then catfish, stuffed with Cajun crab cakes (yes, this is legal in LA). I also had something called "voodoo bread." I think that I've sold my soul to voodoo bread, people.

Thanks be to God.

-anthony

3 comments:

  1. Oddly, from the menu you mentioned, the only thing Jesus could have eaten was the voodoo bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not really. The voodoo bread was stuffed with crawfish. Sorry, Jesus.

      -anthony

      Delete
    2. Makes me think of the Monty Python Spam skit. The advantage of ordering the spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it. Not compared to the spam spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam and spam, particularly when you ask them to substitute spam for the baked beans.

      Delete