Baker Academic

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I Wrote Another Book, Sort Of - Le Donne

One of my favorite classes to teach is Introduction to the Bible. I've tried several different textbooks for this class, but ultimately landed on Sumney's very fine: The Bible: An Introduction (Fortress Press). The second edition is now on pre-order and will be available for course adoption this fall. The second edition also has a new companion text:


This slim book includes an introduction to hermeneutical concerns and provides a selection of ancient texts that contextualize the Hebrew Bible and New Testament. Each chapter includes several questions for discussion and reflection.

If you're considering a new textbook for your Introduction to the Bible class, you can request an exam copy.

-anthony

ps. Traditionally authors publish a first edition before they publish a second edition. I hereby proclaim that from this moment and into perpetuity: first editions are for suckers. All good books will be published first in the second edition. Amen and amen.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on skipping over that whole "I wonder if my book will make it to a second edition" drama! (And, on, you know, the new book, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Dr. Le Donne the new Neusner? Keeps pumping out books left and right... A post on effective writing habits is in order, me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd have to write a "sort of" book once every month to claim that title.

      -anthony

      Delete