9) I just really love the definite article.
8) Chris Keith and I flipped a coin. I got the wife topic and he got the literacy question.
7) The title “Bride of Christ” would have given away the ending. This was my biggest complaint with the New Testament... so predictable.
6) It was a typo – it should have read The Life of Jesus.
5) I had a dance-off with Robert Gundry for the topic. And won! He won’t be showing his face around here for a while.
4) My publishers didn’t go for the title “Modern Scandals about a God in Sandals”…. among others.
3) The title Inferno was taken… twice.
2) I felt it was time revisit the topic, offering evidence for and against a married Jesus.
...and the top reason why my book is titled The Wife of Jesus:
1) I felt that the title “The Wives of Jesus” would have been too controversial.
Pre-order The Wife of Jesus: Ancient Texts and Modern Scandals and save
the the universe five dollars!