Baker Academic

Friday, October 25, 2013

Sutton, Skinner, Rosson reviews

My thanks to Benjamin Sutton, Chris Skinner, and Loren Rosson for their close readings of my book. You can read their reviews via the following links:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/euangelion/2013/10/review-of-anthony-le-donne-on-jesus-wife/
http://pejeiesous.com/2013/10/24/book-review-anthony-le-donne-the-wife-of-jesus/
http://lorenrosson.blogspot.se/2013/10/the-wife-of-jesus.html

My thanks also to Mike Bird who provided the venue for Ben to publish his review. I understand that Brian LePort's full review is coming soon, but here are a couple teasers:

I should also thank Jennifer and Missi at 45th Parallel who have secured book reviews in Publisher's Weekly, Kirkus Reviews, Library Journal, and The Chicago Tribune (all forthcoming).

-anthony 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you sell many copies and that many people are exposed to your work. If Reza and O'Reilly can do it, you should be able to as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book sounds excellent from the reviews. Do you deal with the claims of those who keep pushing the Talpiot tomb as evidence that Jesus had a wife and son in the book (I have not really followed the debate on this one except when it pops up on the "Bible & Interpretation" site)? Anyways, I look forward to reading it sometime and will overlook where you are wrong on Secret Mark ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, I don't touch the Talpiot tomb in the book. I didn't feel that I had anything original to say on the topic and my expertise is quite limited with matters related to archaeology.
      -anthony

      Delete